The Carthage Collegiate Institute was built by George B. Wood of Carthage, Missouri.
It was a co-educational institution founded by the Ozark Presbytery. It was chartered
December 24, 1884 and opened in September 1886. The institue was located on
South Main and Wiggins streets. The current Mark Twain school is now located on this site.
1893 Sanborn Fire Insurance Map
Early postcard, circa 1905-1910.
Flossie Smith, age 18, 1907, Carthage College.
Photo donated by Judy Crutcher Hughes.
1915 Sanborn Fire Insurance map.